Saturday 27 October 2012

THE MYSTERY OF SEX

For months, my flatmate Genaro had been insisting that the lady running the chinese food shop around the corner was a nymphomaniac. He had reached that conclusion because she was always insinuating herself to male customers. Genaro was sure her husband, a rare example of bald Chinese, didn't give her enough pleasure, so she insinuated herself to satisfy her needs. I myself had the impression the woman intended to have fiery sex, too, but I tended to think she just wanted to have sex for any other reason (I had never met a nymphomaniac).

That's why I was surprised when my flatmate began to come home wearing a loaf of fresh bread every day. We never ate bread, so I didn't understand why Genaro bought bread. After one week I finally asked him the reason of his strange behaviour. He confessed at once, as if he needed to open his mind and his heart to me:

"It's because of that damned Chinese woman... Yes, she's a sex machine. I feel with her what I had never felt with any other..."

"Is she really a nymphomaniac or something else?", I inquired.

"Actually, I don't know", he explained. "As far as I know, she has sex with different men in the backside while her husband is out. Once we finish and return to the shop, she always picks up a loaf of bread and says: «you now buy loa' o' bread»... So she gets to sell more loaves than anybody else in the neighbourhood, despite it's a quite low quality bread..."

For the time being Genaro keeps on coming back home with a loaf of bread under his arm. He's earned three kilos because he feels he's forced to eat that nasty chewing-gum-like bread; his conscience doesn't allow him to throw it to the trash.


Frantz Ferentz, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment