Wednesday 21 November 2012

THE MAN WHO THREW KISSES TO HIS IMAGE ON THE SHOP-WINDOWS


I found the man in the middle of main street. He was well-dressed, in a long wool coat. But what attracted my attention was not his clothes, but his behaviour. He was calmly walking along the street. However he stopped in front of each shop window he found along his walk. Then he threw kisses to his own reflection. I must recognise I was astonished to see such a sample of narcisism, or wasn't he just a freak?

However the man realised I had been watching him for a while, so he understood I was looking for a logical explanation for that weird behaviour, other than a mere sample of narcisism, as I've just said.

"Young woman", he suddenly addressed me, "you'll be wondering why I throw kisses to my own reflection on each shop window, won't you?"

I didn't answer, I was just puzzled.

"Well, I do it for the sake of my image", he explained. "I don't want my image to believe I don't like it, so I'm just trying to cheer it up... Believe me, it's good to make your own image happy, otherwise it might gossip at your back. By the way, I'm just noticing your shadow is unhappy..."


Frantz Ferentz, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment